Our half-day hiking tours are perfect for families and individuals who want to see as much of the Yellowstone Ecosystem as possible in a limited amount of time. Our half-day hike is an easy entry point for anyone. Snacks are included in half-day hikes.
Hiking is our favorite way to see the ecosystem's stunning scenery, wildlife, and geothermal features. We’ll hike at your pace and keep the group safe. We’ll be hiking anywhere between 5,500 ft and 10,000 feet in elevation. Come well-fed and hydrated—higher than normal elevations can be challenging.
What to Pack for the Hiking Tour
Hikes in Yellowstone's Ecosystem, no matter the commitment level, mean leaving vehicles behind. For this reason, we always recommend bringing the following:
- Water—At least 2 liters. A backpack with a water bladder is strongly recommended. Drinking 3 to 5 liters of water on a hike is not uncommon when it's hot or you are underhydrated. Your water storage bag or bottle must be able to hold at least 2 liters for day hike...more for longer hikes
- Rain Jacket or poncho recommended.
- Gloves—light ones even in summer
- Bear spray—I’ll have two. Doesn't hurt for us to bring more if we have a big group
- Bug repellant—not often needed but sometimes great to have
- Day pack—holds our food and water! I'll have the first aid kit
- Clothing—light wool layers work best so you can adjust as temperature and cloud conditions change
- Shoes—hiking boots recommended. Your guide wears running shoes, but must watch our for cactus all day
- Trekking Poles—optional. It makes walking easier, up to you
- Hat and sunglasses—the suns rays impact you more at this elevation. A hat and sunglasses will provide much needed comfort
We can't wait to show you our favorite parts of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem!